When a death occurs, a number of items require simultaneous attention. Regardless of the day or hour, Milward Funeral Directors is prepared to respond to your needs and assist with all of the details, such as taking custody of and caring for the body, securing all necessary permits and death certificates and arranging and setting your funeral plans in motion. We are also available to assist you in notifying friends and other organizations, casket bearers and your attorney.
Comfortable Funeral Homes, Caring People -
A Commitment to Assist You in Every Way
Milward funeral homes are designed and decorated to be comfortable and accommodating to your family and friends.
Our associates are compassionate and caring people who have the experience, empathy and training to be there for you when you need them the most. Our funeral directors are educated in special funeral arrangements for most religions and ethnic backgrounds.
Every detail of a Milward arrangement and service will be in keeping with your traditions and financial means. We know that a funeral is one of the most personal and emotional rites of passage your family will ever share. It's why we are committed to assisting you in every way.
Your Milward funeral director can help you with the following and the other 127 tasks that need to be completed immediately following a death:
- Placing obituary and funeral notices in newspapers and online.
- Arranging for burial or cremation, cemetery or mausoleum space, grave openings and closing, flowers and monuments.
- Arranging transportation for family members prior to, during and after the funeral.
- Arranging the music selections.
- Receiving and arranging flowers and recording the names of givers so acknowledgments may be sent.
- Helping slect a worthy cause or charity to receive memorial contributions in the deceased's name.
- Supervising the funeral or memorial service.
- Following up after the funeral to assist with the unforseen details or special circumstances.
Our Way of Helping After the Funeral
Given the void that results from the loss of a loved one, it is natural for you and your family to experience a profound sense of grief when you are alone, after the funeral. You can expect to experience a wide range of emotions.
Grieving can be hard work, so we offer aftercare follow-up services to help you with your thoughts and emotions - answering any questions you might have.
Our many years of experience have taught us that this personal follow-up is one of the most welcomed services we provide.